Food labels provide the consumer with the necessary information about the content and processing of the foods.
- The name of the product.
- The nutritional value (calories, carbohydrates, proteins, etc.).
- The weight (net or drained) or volume.
- Identification of the company and health registration.
- Storage instructions and instructions for use, if necessary.
- Ingredients that have been used to make the product.
- Added food additives.
- Applied legislation of the European Union.
- Expiration date or best before date.
- Lot Number.
If transgenic products have been used, it is mandatory to indicate this on the label.