Although when some type of accident or health problem occurs we have to go to the doctor, sometimes it is necessary to act urgently until a doctor can take care of the situation .
The first aid are made in exceptional situations, so you need to keep calm, to observe the situation and think about how they can help, but without doing anything we know to properly, because we can make things worse for the patient but our intention is to help you.
Possibly, if an accident has occurred, it is because that area is dangerous, so we will be very careful to prevent ourselves from crashing. Some tips to keep in mind if we are with an injured person are:
- Make sure that there is no danger in the area to prevent another accident from occurring. For example, if you suspect that a person has received an electric shock, disconnect electrical appliances and never do so with wet hands.
- Protect ourselves to avoid damage. If the accident occurs on the road, we must use the reflective vest to be seen and avoid being run over .
- Protect the injured person from other possible damages.
- Ask for help. In the countries of the European Union, including Spain, telephone 112 is the emergency telephone number (health, fire, security, etc.) that we have to call in case of any type of emergency. In other countries, like most Latin American countries, the comprehensive emergency telephone number is 911. We must speak slowly and clearly, indicating where exactly (town, street, floor, kilometer point, etc.) the person you need is located. help, and clarifying what happened (a fall, run over, fainting, etc.) and how the person is.
Emergency telephone number: What telephone number do I call in an emergency?.
- After we have taken these steps and made sure that medical help is on the way, we will apply whatever emergency measures we can and know how to do until medical personnel arrive .
Activity: First aid 1.
Activity: First aid 2.
Activity: First aid 3.
Activity: First aid 4.
Some aspects to take into account when faced with an emergency situation are: