Healthy habits and mental health
The current way of life, a fast pace of life, brings with it diseases such as stress or depression. Both the pressure we can have at work, to perform well or not to lose it or try to get one, to succeed, family responsibilities, lack of sleep, etc. it may cause problems for us.
Some of the healthy habits that we have to have in order not to harm our Nervous System are:
- Have a quiet life, with regular sleeping hours, with time for leisure and being able to carry out activities such as reading, playing sports, or chatting with other people.
- Do not consume drugs of any kind, legal or illegal, that affect the functioning of the nervous system.
- Try to exercise the mind for the proper maintenance of nervous functions.
- Having a healthy and balanced diet, which provides us with adequate mineral salts and vitamins, as well as other nutrients. TheB vitamins 1, B 3, and magnesium, for example, are good for the nervous system.
- Perform moderatephysical exercise regularly, such as walking, going out to the field, etc.
- Avoid stress, trying to take life with a relaxed, positive and optimistic attitude.
- Prevent possible accidents by taking the necessary measures to avoid injury to the nervous system.
- Try to react calmly to external stimuli that are received and maintain a certain degree of self-control.
- Adapt to the possibilities that each person has in their family or work life.
- Avoid situations that can affect the nervous system, such as the ventilation of public places to prevent the spread of diseases such as influenza or meningitis.
The mentally healthy, are characterized, inter alia, by:
- Be satisfied with yourself.
- Feel good with others.
- Being able to meet the demands that life presents to them.
Woman relaxing on a bench outside Palacio de la Magdalena de Santander (Cantabria)