Healthy habits for the circulatory system
Some diseases of the circulatory system can be avoided if we take care of our body. Some of the healthy habits related to the circulatory system are:
- Avoid consuming foods rich in cholesterol and animal fats. Cholesterol is deposited on the walls of the arteries and forms atheroma plaques that can cause serious diseases. Although it is necessary to take fats, unsaturated fats (olive oil, sunflower oil, etc.) are preferable to saturated fats (of animal origin, such as butter, ..., and others of vegetable origin, such as palm oil and palm oil). coconut) .
- Avoid standing for a long time without walking, since the blood has to return to the heart through the veins, and if the muscles do not compress them, the blood has problems returning to the heart, and it is easier for varicose veins to appear.
- Try to reduce stress and tense situations as they raise blood pressure and can cause cardiovascular disease.
- Get regular exercise. Thus, cardiovascular capacity is increased, we prevent arteriosclerosis , as well as helping to reduce stress and obesity.
- No smoking. Smoking, in addition to being harmful to our lungs, is also harmful to the circulatory system, since it favors the appearance of arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, stroke, etc.
- Try to avoid obesity , since excess weight is accompanied by a high level of cholesterol in the blood , which can also be associated with hypertension .
- We have to take care of our diet, have a healthy and balanced diet , without abusing salt, which promotes fluid retention, increasing cardiac work and raising blood pressure .
Activity: Circulatory disorders due to harmful habits.
5.24.- What habits do you think you should change to avoid having problems with the circulatory system?
Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License 4.0