Healthy habits related to the digestive system
Our health depends on the lifestyle we have. For the digestive system to function properly it is necessary that we take care of the type of food we eat in our diet and that we follow health and hygiene rules with which we can prevent many diseases.
The main healthy habits related to the digestive system that we must follow are:
- Wash hands before eating and preparing meals. This prevents food from being contaminated by bacteria or parasites.
- Brush your teeth and gums after every meal. This way we eliminate the remains of food that can be used to feed the bacteria in the mouth and produce acid that damage our teeth and cause cavities. A correct tooth brushing has to:
- Last at least two minutes.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Brushing has to be with vertical movements, since if they are horizontal we move the food remains but we do not clean them.
- The teeth should be brushed on the outside and inside.
- Use dental floss to clean the spaces between the teeth that the brush cannot reach.