The health is not merely the absence of disease, it is necessary to complete this state with a desirable physical, mental and emotional. The health status of a population depends on various factors that can be grouped into:
The quality of the environment in which the person lives also influences their health. Physical, chemical, biological contaminants, etc., can cause disease.
- Psychological factors: Having a stressed life, along with other destabilizing factors, can lead to mental illnesses and depression that seriously affect our lives.
- Nutrition has to take a regular and balanced diet.
- Avoid substances that are harmful to physical and mental health, both legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco) and illegal drugs (hashish, cocaine, heroin, etc.).
- Practice some physical exercise.
- Follow a regular schedule, with enough hours for rest.
- Have daily personal hygiene.
They are the genetic characteristics that make a person have a greater predisposition than others to suffer a certain disease.
Effective healthcare is essential for health. In addition, the health authorities have to be in charge of the sanitary control of food, manage urban waste, and the sanitary control of animals to prevent them from transmitting diseases.