Mesozoic era (245 to 65 ma)
The main events that occurred in the Mesozoic were:
- At the time of the Mesozoic Era, the climate was extremely arid, but as the fragmentation of Pangea occurred, it changed to a humid tropical climate. There was a warm climate, without glaciations in this Era.
- Due to the rise in sea level, a large part of the continents were flooded, depositing limestone and creating oil deposits .
- Today's oceans and continents arose in the Mesozoic.
- In the Mesozoic, dinosaurs and other reptiles appeared, which were the dominant ones of the Age.
- Birds and mammals emerged.
- Angiosperm plants appeared.
- The impact of a meteorite caused a great extinction in the Cretaceous.